How to Change a Team Member's Role
To change a team member's Role:
- Select Rates & Roles from the Actions (“ ”) drop-down menu located to the right of the project name.
- The Rates & Roles page consists of a table which allows you to add, delete, change, or reassign roles for each of the team members participating on a project.
- Locate the member whose Role you'd like to change.
- Click on the Expand More icon (“ ”) to the right of the role under their name. This causes a drop-down menu to appear.
- Select the member's new Role. Remember that if Rate Cards are enabled, you will only see Roles associated with the Rate Card on the Project.
- Changing this role will update all associated assignments and scheduled hours with the new Role and Bill Rate.
- After changing the Role, you will be prompted to backfill the rate and role on uninvoiced time entries for this team member. This option is useful when you'd like to update the member's rate on multiple time entries to the rate of the new role. If an account-level time lock is set, this will not backfill time entries prior to the time lock date.
- Your changes are automatically saved. You can now return to the main project or close the window.