[Teams and Premier]
Templates provide a way for Mavenlink customers to define a common structure for the projects and work they deliver. This allows employees to reproduce project plans and jobs merely by selecting a template, instead of creating a new work breakdown structure for high frequency projects.
Our Project Templates will help your team automate those project details that led to past success. Templates include project details such as: a description, project duration, project budget, and currency. You can also see a Gantt Chart view of your template and set dependency relationships between your tasks. Features like Checklists and Milestone Weighting are also supported.
HOW WILL IT HELP YOU?
The biggest gains you’ll experience from using Project Templates are consistency and efficiency. Projects can be complex with their many tasks, deliverables, and milestones. Setting up a project using a template helps the Project Manager automate the task creation process that they would otherwise have to do manually. Some companies also find extraordinary flexibility and value from modularizing their work activity into templates that can then be pieced together into a custom project.
Templates can also facilitate more accurate quoting, because you can clone your most profitable projects and standardize your plan based on an effort that you know had a successful outcome. Because you’ve created a template from a successful service offering, you can be confident that what you’ve quoted your client represents the complexity of the work your team will do. After the project is over, you can continue to iterate on your template and optimize it for future project success.
WHAT THE MAVENS KNOW
- Use the “Relative Dates” functionality to set start date and duration for all your tasks, deliverables, and milestones. You can even use negative dates to create start dates that pre-date the day you applied your Template to a project workspace.
- Utilize the Gantt Chart view to get a birds eye view of your template and create dependencies.
- Check the Budgeted checkbox to enable budgets, time estimates, and milestone weights on your tasks.
- Make a template available to other account members by checking the Shared checkbox next to Template Name.
- Project Leads or above can create an edit budgeted templates.
- Project Creators or above can create and edit templates.
- Users with financial access within a project workspace can add budgeted templates.
- Users in a project workspace who cannot create templates can use templates that other people have created and shared with them.
- Teams customers only have access to non-budgeted templates.