We know that some projects can be complex—with multiple tasks, deliverables and milestones. When you create templates you’ll be able to define a common structure for your high frequency projects without having to start from scratch each time. It's a great way to consistently reproduce project details such as descriptions, durations, budgets, and currency.
Here are some of the features you'll get when you create project templates:
- Budgets—Include time estimates and weighted milestones for your tasks.
- Resource Mapping—When you create resource placeholders and map account members they will be automatically invited to the project and assigned tasks.
- Time—Enter a Start day (the day on which the task starts, relative to the project start day) and Duration for each task.
- Checklists—Save time by adding checklist items directly to your template.
- Gantt—Any dependencies that you create in the gantt chart will be automatically reflected in the template.
- Recurring Tasks—Create a template with commonly recurring tasks and apply it to a project at any time.
To make a template available to other account members, select the Shared checkbox above the Template Name. The following permission levels apply:
- Project Leads (and above)—Create and edit budgeted templates.
- Project Creators (and above)—Create and edit templates.
- Users with Project Financials access—Add budgeted templates.
- Clients—Access and view non-budgeted templates.