At Mavenlink, we know that Tasks, Deliverables, and Milestones are the building blocks used to prioritize and schedule your work. That’s why we're here to help you with this important aspect of project management.
The Task Tracker is a fast, efficient way of keeping tasks, team members, and clients on track and on schedule. It also improves transparency by providing clients and consultants with a clearer understanding of both the work required and the timeline for completion.
You can view files, resource allocations, and task details all on a single page. Even better, you can reprioritize and create new sub- and top-level tasks with ease. The Task Tracker keeps everyone on the same page and up-to-date on the status of a project.
Before collaborating in a Project Workspace, it’s important to clarify with your team the difference between a Task, Deliverable, and Milestone.
Whether you’re using Gantt charts or the Global/Project Task Tracker, tasks help you visualize the work breakdown structure of a project. Communicating project requirements in the Task Tracker shows your team what needs to be accomplished to move on to the next Task, Milestone, or Deliverable.
How to Find Tasks
Tasks can be accessed from the following two places:
- Global Tasks:
From the left sidebar, select Tasks.
- Project Task List:
After selecting a project, click on the Task Tracker tab.
The Display Dropdown (Premier Feature)
Mavenlink Premier customers can select from the following views: Task Information, Task Progress, Task Finances, Resource Scheduling, Milestone Weighting, or Issue Tracking. These views give you an immediate look into a project’s status, start and due dates, allocated team members, estimated and actual hours, budget, and more.
Getting the Most Out of Tasks
With a project selected, click on the Activity tab. Here you can see both the project’s Activity Feed and Upcoming Tasks. Clicking on the title of any task will slide open the Details panel where you can quickly update status and resource allocation, view associated files, and more.
You can also access linked files, including Google Drive docs, wherever tasks appear. If you’re looking for a particular task, make sure to try our robust filtering and sorting tools, found at the top of the Global/Project Task Tracker.
The following Sort options are available:
- Order (default)—Sorts your tasks in the order you’ve arranged them. If you haven’t moved any tasks, they will be sorted by date added, from newest to oldest.
- Priority—Sorted from highest to lowest priority level.
- Upcoming—Tasks with a status of Not Started are sorted by Start date, from the newest to the oldest. Tasks with a status of Started or Needs Info are sorted by Due date, from newest to oldest. When tasks have the same Start or Due date, the one with the most recent activity appears first. Tasks with an overdue Start date will always appear at the top.
- Updated—Sorts tasks by those with the most recent activity, in descending order.
- Added—Sorted by date added, from newest to oldest.
Task Details Side Panel
- Click on the title of a task to open the Task Details side panel.
From here, you can access and view counts of Activity posts, linked Files, Checklists, and more.
- In the Description field, you can write notes, add Tags, update the Status, and the Start/Due Date of the task at hand.
- If you have a Premier account and are logged in as an Project Administrator, you can set the budget and edit billable hours within the Time & Fees section.