[Free, Teams & Premier]
At Mavenlink, we're all about helping you prioritize and schedule your work. We view Tasks, Deliverables, and Milestones as the building blocks of this important aspect of project management. Our Task Tracker feature provides Mavenlink customers with a fast, efficient means of keeping tasks – and the people associated with them – on track and on schedule. The Task Tracker improves project transparency by keeping all team members, including clients, on the same page and up-to-date on project status. It also enables you to view files, resource allocations, and task details all on one page. Even better, you can drag and drop tasks to prioritize and create sub and top-level tasks with ease.
How Will it Help You?
The Task Tracker enables you to set clear expectations with clients and consultants about the work required and the timeline for completion.
What the Mavens Know
By selecting one of several different views – Task Information, Task Progress, Task Finances, Resource Scheduling, Milestone Weighting, or Issue Tracking – Mavenlink Premier customers have one-click access to immediately identify the status, start and due dates, allocated team members, estimated and actual hours, budget, and more.
Types of Tasks
It’s important to clarify with your team the difference between a Task, Deliverable, and Milestone before collaborating in a Project Workspace.
- Tasks are items that need to be completed.
- Deliverables are something that needs to be produced, such as a document.
- Milestones are a project deadline.
- Issues are bugs or items that need to be resolved.
Whether you’re using Gantt Charts, the Global Task Tracker, or a Project’s Task Tracker, tasks help you visualize the work breakdown structure of a project. Communicating the project requirements in the Task Tracker helps show your team what has to be done in order to move onto your next Task, Milestone, or Deliverable.
Tasks can be accessed from two places on the left-hand navigation bar:
- Global Task List: Accessed by selecting “Tasks” from the left side navigation.
- Project Task List: Navigate to a project and select “Task Tracker” from the top navigation.
Here’s what you can do to get the most out of Tasks:
- With the Project’s Upcoming Tasks List (found on the Activity tab), you have the ability to see your Project’s Activity Feed and Tasks all on one page. You can also quickly update the status and resource allocation,view files for those tasks, and more by opening the task detail panel.
- Clicking on a task name allows you to view and edit the task’s details. Making changes to those tasks, such as updating a status or adjusting the budget, can be done without leaving the page.
- Wherever tasks appear, you can also access files, including Google Drive docs.
- If you’re looking for a particular task, make sure to try our robust filtering and sorting tools, found at the top of the Project and Global Task Trackers.
Task Details Panel
To view the details of a task, click the Title of the task.
- In Task Details, you can access Linked Posts, Planning, Files, Checklists, Proofs, and more.
- View counts of Activity posts, Checklists, Files, and Proofs.
- In the “Description” box you can take down notes, add a Tag, update the status and the start/due date of the task at hand.
- If you have a Premier account and are logged in as an Admin, you can set the budget and edit billable hours within the Task Details panel.