Kantata OX can import exchange rates from a .csv or .txt file in CSV format from within the app, or via the Kantata OX API. Once the data in your CSV file is matched and imported correctly, you can use exchange rates to convert currencies across Kantata OX.
To import exchange rates, information in your CSV file requires that:
- Currencies are listed in ISO format.
- There are no more than 15 digits to the right of the decimal.
- There are no more than 9 digits to the left of the decimal.
- Dates follow YYYY-MM-DD formatting.
- The file be saved as CSV (comma-separated values) or TXT (text).
If you are using Kantata OX Insights, you must also include a 1:1 ratio of the same currency for Source Currency and Target Currency. This way, you can see converted and non-converted values in the same report. For example, in the screenshot below you can see that both the source and the target currencies are “
USD” and the exchange rate is set to “
How to Import Exchange Rates from a CSV File
- Go to Settings > General and select Foreign Exchange.
- If you haven't added an exchange table yet, the Default Exchange Table will appear empty.
- Select the Import CSV button to add rates to the exchange table.
- Select Choose a File from the import dialog to open a standard operating system finder/explorer window and direct Kantata OX to the location of your exchange rate file. Please note that acceptable file formats are CSV and TXT.
- When you are ready, select Import.
Note: If you’re not sure what to include, you can click the Download our sample CSV file link and modify the sample template.
- If the import is successful, a confirmation appears in the top-right corner, and your exchange rates will appear in the table.
- If the import fails, you'll receive an email describing the errors that occurred and how to fix them.
- Foreign Exchange Overview
- Foreign Exchange Access Group Set
- Supported Currency ISO Codes
- What are Access Groups?
- How to Import Exchange Rates from a CSV File
- How to Create a New Access Group
Kantata OX API