In Notification Settings, you can set what notifications you receive, how often you receive them, and where you receive them.
Some email notifications—such as project invitation, invoice submission emails, and email or password change emails—do not appear in Notifications Settings and cannot be disabled at this time.
- Email—Receive an email notification instantly or within 25 minutes of an activity.
- Daily Summary—Receive a bundled digest email of project posts once a day. The email is sent between 4 pm and 5 pm (based on the Time Zone set in your Profile settings).
- In-app (Early Access)—Receive in-app notifications. For more information, see the Notifications article.
- Slack (Early Access)—Receive notifications in Slack. For more information, see the Setting Up Slack Notifications article.
- The Week Ahead—Receive a weekly email showing what tasks are due, past due, or starting soon. The Week Ahead email is sent early Monday morning between 1 am and 2 am (based on the Time Zone set in your Profile settings). If you have not specified a time zone yet, the UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) time zone will be used.
Note: If the Turn on Week Ahead Emails for Account Members option in Settings > General > Email Settings is disabled on your account, you won’t see The Week Ahead option in your Notification Settings.
- All Posts—Choose to receive notifications about all activity posts that occur within a project’s Activity Feed.
- Relevant Posts—Choose to only receive notifications about relevant posts. Relevant posts are those that directly @mention you, posts that contain your full name, posts that mention all associated users (@all), private messages, replies to posts you have created, and posts that you have replied to. By default, you receive emails for relevant posts.
- Direct Mentions—Choose to only receive notifications for posts that directly @mention you or contain your full name.
- All Tasks—Choose to receive notifications for all task activity.
- Relevant Tasks—Choose to receive only relevant task notifications, such as when you're assigned to a task, date changes, and status changes. By default, you receive emails for relevant tasks.
- New Issues—Choose to receive notifications for new issues created in projects in which you are participating. Issues prevent a task or project from being completed.
- Time and Expense—Choose to receive notifications for time and expense submissions. By default, you receive emails for time and expense submissions.
You can unsubscribe from Insights dashboard emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email. Insights users with Can Edit permission can also manage scheduled Insights emails for everyone in the Advanced Editor.
How to Change Your Notification Settings
- Select Notification Settings from the user Settings drop-down menu in the right-upper corner of the main app bar.
- Within the Posts, Tasks, Time & Expense and Weekly Emails sections, you can select the checkboxes associated with the notification type you want to receive.
- Click Update Settings to save changes to your notification settings.
You can adjust your email notification settings per project. This allows you to override your email notification settings on a case-by-case basis.
- Open the Activity tab of a project.
- In the Email notification preference section in the right column, click Configure.
- In the modal that opens, update your preferences.
- Click Save to save changes.