Company Name & Address
Your main company name and address is used on billing statements and is the default for custom branding and invoices.
Note: If your company has offices around the world, members have the option to specify different regions or geographic locations in their Profile.
With this setting, you can automatically archive projects with no activity after a specified number of months. Projects can be archived after 1 to 12 months; alternatively, you can turn off automatic archiving by selecting Disabled.
Customized Team Names
Each time an account member creates a project, these custom team names are used. You can also customize team names on a per project basis. Changing a team name only applies to new projects going forward.
- Provider Team Name—Provide the default name for the team that can send invoices and create time and expenses. Some general examples are Consultants, Designers, Contractors, and Providers (default).
- Client Team Name—Provide the default name for the team that can receive invoices and send payments; common examples are Clients (default) and Customers.
These settings allow you to set the default level of privacy required for projects. Project creators have the option to override these settings on a project-by-project basis.
- Private by default—Select this option if you want all project postings to be private by default. Project participants need to specify a list of recipients when posting messages to the project.
- Public to all project participants by default—Select this option if you want all project postings to be shared with all project participants by default. The option to send a private message is available, but not as the default option.
- Open—Anyone can be invited to the Service Provider (i.e., Consultant) or Customer (i.e., Client) side of a project.
- Account Members Only (recommended)—Only account members can participate in the project as Consultants. However, anyone can be invited to the Client side of the project.
- Invitation Only—You need to invite each member to a project.
- Open to Admin Only—Open to Account Administrators in your your organization; everybody else must be invited.
- Open to Organization Members—Projects are open to everyone in the organization.
Resource Scheduling (Premier Feature)
- Sync Resource Schedules With Project Dates—When this setting is enabled, changes made to the Start and/or Due dates of a Task, Deliverable, or Milestone will automatically shift the Scheduled Hours for every team member (assigned to the task) to match.
A member's Scheduled Hours are only shifted when the following conditions are met:
- Task changes are made via the Local Gantt chart.
- The status of the task must be Not Started.
- The task being shifted has no current time entries (i.e., Logged Time in Gantt).
- The task must have the same Duration (e.g., 14 days) before and after the shift.
Note: Hours that were previously scheduled on weekends will be shifted to weekdays.
- Only make roles on the rate card available to projects—If you are using Rate Cards and this setting is disabled, then all account Roles will be available for a project, and the default rate will apply to every Role without a rate.
In the Scheduling section of the Task Details side panel, click on Align scheduled time to realign Scheduled Hours for team members if they get out of sync with the task Start Date.
The option to Align scheduled time only appears if you have the Sync Resource Schedules With Project Dates setting enabled.
With these settings, you can turn off the Week Ahead Email for your entire account. These settings can only be applied to your account; however, you can prohibit tasks from projects on your account from being included in an external user’s weekly emails.
These two options work independently of one another:
- Turn on Week Ahead Emails for Account Members—Disabling this option will prevent all users on this account from receiving the Week Ahead email. In addition, the Week Ahead Email options in a user’s Email Settings on this account will no longer be accessible.
- Allow tasks from this account to appear in external users’ Week Ahead emails—When enabled, tasks from projects on your account will be included in an external client or provider’s Week Ahead email, provided they have been assigned those tasks. Keep in mind that if the Week Ahead Email has been disabled by the Account Administrator on the external user’s account, they will not receive any weekly update emails whatsoever.
When Project Colors are enabled, you can assign individual colors to each project to make them more recognizable in Master Planning and the Project List. You and your team can define these colors to represent project types, phases, clients, etc.
To configure Project Colors, click the Enable Project Colors checkbox; a table with settings and available colors will appear.
- In the Default column, select the color to assign all new projects in your account.
- In the Enable column, choose the colors to make available for use on projects.
The first time you enable Project Colors, the selected Default color will be applied to all projects in your account. From this point on, if you want to change the color for specific projects, you can do this using the bulk actions feature of the Project List or in the project’s Settings.
When Project Colors are disabled, Mavenlink will use Blue as the default color in Master Planning and colors will not appear in Project List.
Dashboard Time and Utilization Tracking
When enabled, the Time and Utilization Tracking panel will appear on the dashboard for all users on this account. This panel provides three sections of important metrics, giving your members instant visibility into how they're performing against their billable utilization goals and time targets.
- Enable Time and Utilization Tracking panel—Enable or disable the entire Time and Utilization Tracking panel. Disabling the panel will also deactivate the Billable Utilization metrics, if enabled.
- Include Billable Utilization information—Enable or disable the Billable Utilization section containing billable utilization metrics for users on this account. This section can not be activated if the Time and Utilization Tracking panel is disabled.
Customize Mavenlink to match the look and feel of your company's branding. You can replace the Mavenlink logo in the upper-left corner with your own and use your brand colors for links, buttons, and the left-hand nav bar. You can also configure custom navigation links, provide a new favicon, customize your subdomain, provide a support URL, personalized login message, business name, and more.
Clicking the Set it up button takes you to Settings > Custom Branding. For more information on how to set up custom branding, please see our Custom Branding Overview article.