With Kantata OX, you can apply a template that contains commonly repeated tasks, assignments, and other information to an existing project. This saves you from having to manually add identical information to your projects repeatedly.
When you apply a template to an existing project, you also have the following resource mapping options:
- Add a new unnamed resource to the project
- Map a resource to a current project team member
- Invite other account members to the project
- Change a resource's project role
Note: The Project Creator (or higher) account permission or Edit Financials (or higher) project permission is required to apply a template to a project.
How to Apply a Template to an Existing Project
- In the left navigation, click Projects and then select the desired project on the Projects page.
- In the project workspace, click the Task Tracker tab.
- In the Task Tracker toolbar on the right side of the screen, click Apply Template.
- In the Apply Template modal, click the Select a template to use field and then select a template from the list. The Resource section appears below.
- Specify the Start Date for this template using the date picker.
- To include weekend days in a task’s duration, click the Treat weekends as work days checkbox.
- To distribute scheduled hours to each assigned task based on the estimated hours in the template, click the Distribute Scheduled Hours checkbox.
- In the Resource section, use the Map To column to map to a brand new unnamed resource, a current unnamed resource on the project, a current project team member (named resource), an External Member, or invite an account member who is not currently on the project.
- In the Project Role column, you have the option to select a new role for a team member or unnamed resource on the project.
Note: You are unable to change the role of someone who is already participating in the project from this modal. You can reassign a current team member's role on the project’s Rates & Roles page.
- Click Apply Template. The template is applied to the project and the template's tasks appear in the Task Tracker.