To take advantage of Mavenlink’s expense approvals functionality, you need to enable approval at either the account level or on a project-by-project basis. Note that if you enable them at the account level and have projects in progress, only new projects will require expense approvals by default.
Once enabled, members with Project Lead (or higher) account permission and project Financials permissions (or higher) can approve expenses for that project.
How to Enable Account Level Approval for Expenses
- From the left-hand nav, go to Settings > Time & Expense.
- Check the box next to Require Expense Approvals.
Each new project will require expense approvals by default. If you also want existing projects to require expense approvals, you need to turn on approvals in the project's settings.
How to Enable Project Level Approval for Expenses
You can toggle expense approvals on, or off, on a project-by-project basis. Note that you can only turn approvals off if there are no pending expenses for the project.
- From the Project, select Settings from the Actions (“ ”) drop-down menu located to the right of the project name.
- Scroll down to the Financials section, and toggle on or off the option for Expenses must be approved before invoicing.
- Click the Update Project button to save.
Now, any expense reports created for this project must be approved. Expense reports that need your approval are located in Settings > Time & Expense > Expense Approvals.