These settings can be used individually or collectively and provide you with more control over how time is tracked on your account—at both a granular and organizational level.
To access the Time & Expense settings, hover over Settings on the left-side nav bar and select Time & Expense.
The default Time & Expense settings apply to new projects. To require time or expense approval for existing projects, go to that project's Settings.
- Require Time Approvals—Project members on the Provider team with Financials permissions or higher will be able to review time for the project where time was submitted.
- Require Expense Approvals—Project members on the Provider team with Financials permissions or higher will be able to review expenses for the project where expenses were submitted.
- Enable Time Entry Role Picker—Project members entering time will be able to select a role. This helps to keep track of responsibilities within a project. The associated bill rate will be selected when rate cards are enabled. You can add new roles from Settings > Roles.
- Require Assignment for Time and Expense Tracking—When enabled, users will only be able to track time and expenses against the tasks, deliverables, issues, or milestones for which they are assigned. When logging a time entry, they will only be able to select from a list of their assigned tasks.
- Require Time Entries to Be Tracked Against an Item—When enabled, this setting requires that users track their time against a task, deliverable, issue, or milestone. They will not be able to log time without an associated task.
Track Time & Expense Against
This setting allows you to specify what types of tasks that users in your account will be able to track time against. If a task type (Task, Deliverable, Milestone, Issue) is not selected, users will not see that task type in any list of tasks when logging time.
Select the items that are permitted to have time and expenses tracked against them.
This setting prevents the addition, modification, or deletion of time entries on or before the selected lock date. This includes changes in status such as submission, approval, and rejection. For more information on these settings, please see our Time Lock article.
- Current Lock Date—When you set a lock date, the current date is displayed here.
- Set Lock Date—Use the calendar icon (“ ”) to specify a date through which time entries are locked. You are allowed to set one lock date per account.
Note: If there are time entries in projects that have not been approved before the desired lock date, you can not lock time.
- Download Audit Log—Exports an auditable CSV file containing the date and time the lock was set and the name and ID of the user who set the lock date.
- Time & Expense Settings
- Vendor Settings