How to Enter Time from a Project
Users with account permissions of Collaborator (or higher) can enter time and expenses directly from the Time & Expenses tab within a project.
- Hover over Projects on the left-side nav bar. If the project you’re looking for doesn't appear in the Recent Projects section, click All Projects and find it in the Project List.
- Once you’re in the project, click on the Time & Expenses tab.
- Click in the Begin typing to select a task field under What do you want to track? and a drop-down menu will appear, populated with a list of tasks. To narrow your search, start typing all or part of a task name. Select the one you want to track time against.
- If you do not require time to be tracked against a task—as configured in your Time & Expense or Project Settings—this field is optional.
- If the field contains the shadow text No tasks assigned to you, it means that Require Assignment for Time and Expense Tracking is enabled in Time & Expense settings and you must first be assigned to a task in this project in order to select one from this field.
- The remaining fields are optional. Click on these fields to enter or edit information. You can change or remove roles, add notes, or mark whether the time is Billable. If Rate Cards are enabled, the Using Rate Card field is populated with the default rate for the selected Role; click in this field to enter a Custom Rate.
- In the Date and Time section, click on the Calendar icon (“ ”) to select the date for the time entry.
- In the Time field, enter the duration—longer than one minute, but less than 24 hours—using ‘h’ for hours and ‘m’ for minutes (for example,
- When you’re done, click Save.
Note: Until a time entry has been submitted, it can be edited or deleted by clicking on the Edit (“ ”) and Delete (“ ”) icons in the time entries table.
- How to Enter Time From a Project
- How to Enter Time in Timesheets