Time can be tracked in projects where Financials access has been enabled in Project Settings. There are multiple ways that you can track time within Mavenlink:
- Time Clock—Begin tracking time on the top right of your screen from the moment you login.
- Time Entries—For manually adding time and project details.
- Timesheets—Allow you to create time entries from a week view across all your projects.
- Project Time & Expenses—Members with account permissions of Collaborator or higher can manually enter their time in the Time & Expenses tab of a project workspace.
- Chrome Extension—Easily track and submit time from a specific project while browsing the web.
- Mobile App—Away from your computer? Easily access your time clock from your mobile device.
How to Add Time via Universal Time Entry
To begin tracking time immediately, navigate to the top right of your screen and start by clicking on the green play button in the Universal Time Entry form. Click on it again to stoping tracking time.
You can also log time from the left-hand navigation bar by hovering overTime & Expenses and selecting Time Entries.
How to Add Time via Time Entries
- Select a project name
- Add a task (optional)
- Type additional notes (optional)
- Mark the checkbox if it’s Billable (revenue-generating hours)
Add time manually for the selected project, then click Save. Time added must be at least over 1:00 minute long but less than 24 hours.
Note: Depending on your permissions settings, not all of these fields will be available. If the time is billable, your pre-set Bill Rate will show up in that field. An Account Administrator can change your rate under Account > Members and then click Edit next to your photo or from the Rate Card, if Rate Cards are enabled.
How to Add Time via Timesheets
How to Add Time for Other Users
In order to track time for other Mavenlink users, a member's account level permissions must be Project Lead (or higher), and they must be participating in the specific project with the users in which they are tracking time.
Click on Time & Expense on the left-hand navigation panel. In the Timesheets view, members have the ability to select the project, task, user, and date. Select the project (required) and task (optional). Click on the box at the top of the screen that says "You" and select the name of the specific user from the dropdown list.
Once the user is selected, simply choose the desired date and add their time.
Users with Account Administrator permissions can also submit time for another user by selecting the "Submit for Approval" button found on the timesheet.