Time can be tracked in projects where Financials have been enabled in Project Settings. There are multiple ways that you can track time in Mavenlink; whether you start tracking time from the moment you log in or manually enter time across projects on a weekly basis—Mavenlink has an option that best fits how you work:
- Timer—Start tracking time with one click from any page in Mavenlink.
- Time Entries—Manually add time and details for a single time entry.
- Timesheets—Enter time for all your projects using a convenient weekly view.
- Project Time & Expenses—Enter time directly from a project workspace.
- Global Time Entries—Track time directly from the global Time Entries page.
WHAT THE MAVENS KNOW
In most cases, the project Team Lead is the best choice for approving time and expenses, since they’re more aware of the resources and requirements of the project. In cases where a Team Lead is unavailable, any project participant with project Financials permissions (or higher) can step in and approve submissions. It’s always best to complete timesheets on a weekly basis. All approved time and expense entries will be available to invoice when you’re ready.
- Time & Expense Overview
- How to Track Time
- Time & Expense Settings
- Time Entry Form & Timer
- Time Approvals
- Expense Approvals
- Designate Time Approvals