The main Access Groups page is where you can create new, edit existing, or delete unneeded access groups. There are several default access groups that you can choose from initially, each designed with particular user roles in mind. These access groups contain sets of preconfigured permissions that provide immediate and appropriate access to the members who are assigned.
You can perform the following actions from the top of the Access Groups page:
- Create Access Groups—Click this button to create and name a new access group and add it to the main Access Groups table. Once you have provided a name, you will be taken to the new group’s details page where you can change the access group name, description, member list, and configure access privileges using different permission sets (e.g., Resource Management Access). For more information on creating a new access group, see the Creating a New Access Group article.
- Disable Access Groups—The More (“ ”) button at the top-right of the page contains various access group options. At this time, there is only an option to Disable Access Groups for your account. Selecting this option causes a confirmation dialog to appear, asking if you want to proceed.Click Cancel to abort, or Disable to continue. Disabling will deactivate the Access Groups feature, delete any custom groups created, and reset account members to their default Account Permissions.
Access Groups Table
The Access Groups table contains all of the groups currently configured for your account—including the descriptions and members, if any, associated with each one.
- Access Groups—Click on the name of an access group in this column to configure the group details; edit the name, description, permissions, and add or remove members. For more information on managing individual access groups, see the Access Groups Details article.
- Members—This column contains profile pictures of the first 10 members added to this access group. If more than 10 members are assigned, the last box shows the number of additional members belonging to that group. Hovering over a member’s profile picture will show you the name of the member.
The Actions (“ ”) menu located to the right of a group's name and description contains a list of options for updating or removing an access group.
- Edit Access Group—This performs the same action as clicking on an Access Group name. You'll be taken to the access group details page where you can edit the group name, description, permissions, and add or remove members. For more information on managing individual access groups, see the Access Groups Details article.
- Delete Access Group—This removes all members that belong to this group (as well as the access they were assigned as part of the group) and then deletes the group. You are not allowed to delete the default Account Administrators access group.
Default Access Groups
After enabling access groups for the first time, some default access groups are created automatically.
- Account Administrators—This non-editable group includes every Account Administrator on your account and has unrestricted access to Mavenlink. To add or remove account members from this access group, you must change the member’s permissions in Settings > Members.
- Resource Planning—This group contains members who are Reports Viewers and Report Viewers with Cost and allows access to Master Planning.
- View Only Master Planning—This default group starts empty. Members added to this group have view-only access to resource allocations in Master Planning.
- View My Allocations—This default group starts empty. Members added to this group only have visibility into their own resource allocations in Master Planning.
- Resource Requesters—This default group starts empty. Members added to this group can only view their projects in Master Planning, make allocations for unnamed resources, and submit resource requests (if enabled).
- What are Access Groups?
- Access Groups
- Access Groups Details
- Access Groups Set: Resource Management Access
- Access Groups Set: Project Access
- Access Groups Set: Foreign Exchange