Add dates to an Insights report to break down data by date range.
User Permissions Needed: Account Administrator, Reports Viewer With Cost, Reports Viewer
Insights Permissions: Can Edit
Dates are a special kind of attribute that allow you to break down data by date range. Adding dates to a report is a similar process to adding other attributes.
- After you've opened the report editor from a dashboard or in the Advanced Editor, select How to open the attribute selector.
- In the left column, select a date attribute folder. For most situations, you’ll want to select Date dimension (Shared). This is the folder for the Date: Shared attribute, which is a general purpose date attribute that allows you to connect data types of different objects.
- In the center column, select how you want to break down the data. You can select multiple options to break down data by a larger date range then a smaller date range (for example, by quarter then month).
Commonly used options include:
- Date (Shared)—Breaks down data by day (e.g. 1/1/2022, 1/2/2022, etc).
- Month/Year (Shared)—Breaks down data by month and year (e.g. January 2022, February 2022, etc).
- Week (Mon-Sun)/Year (Shared) or Week (Sun-Sat)/Year (Shared)—Breaks down data by week and year (e.g. W1/2022, W2/2022, etc). You can choose a Monday to Sunday or a Sunday to Saturday week.
- Quarter/Year (Shared)—Breaks down data by quarter and year (e.g. Q1 2022, Q2 2022, etc).
- Year (Shared)—Breaks down data by year (e.g. 2021, 2022, etc).