In order to submit, approve, or reject a request, you must first have Resource Requests enabled in your Resource Management Settings.
There are two ways you can approve or reject a resource request: from your email inbox or from Master Planning.
How to Approve or Reject a Resource Request via Email
- Open your email client, look for the subject line New Resource Request, and open the email.
- Click on Link to Request to view the Resource side panel.
- You can change the Resource Label to distinguish between senior and more junior-level roles, as well as the Role to ensure the correct rate is being used.
- To approve a request, you must select a Team Member from the Details drop-down menu.
- Click Approve to fulfill the request.
- Click Reject Request to have the requester start over.
How to Approve or Reject a Resource Request via Master Planning
- Go to Planning > Master Planning.
- By default, the Resource List is filtered by Team Member. You can quickly find requests that need approval with the Resources filter.
- Expand the unnamed resource to see what needs approval, and on what Projects.
- Click the Resource Label to open the Resource side panel.
- From the side panel, you can change the Resource Label and the Role, if necessary.
- Select a Team Member from the Detail drop-down menu, then click Approve Request.
- Choose Reject Request to have the requester start over and submit a new request.
Note: If you are an Approver, you can directly allocate a resource instead of making a request.
- What are Access Groups?
- Resource Management Settings
- Resource Side Panel Overview
- Configuring Resource Custom Fields
- Enabling Resource Requests and Defining Approvers
- Submit a Resource Request
- Approve or Reject a Resource Request