User Permission Needed: Account Administrator
With Recent History, Account Administrators can review the last 7 days of activity in Kantata OX. Recent History provides detailed information about what changed, when it changed, and who changed it. You can see changes to project settings, task updates, updated or deleted scheduled hours, and much more. You can use Recent History to monitor activity within your account and across multiple projects to ensure that your users are following the proper processes.
To enable Recent History, go to Settings > Recent History. In the About tab, click Enable Add-On.
Once enabled, a Recent History tab will appear next to the About tab, where Account Administrators can see account-wide history. In addition, Project Administrators will be able to access Project History in their projects. As activity occurs in your account, events will begin to populate in Recent History and Project History. Activity that occurred before the feature was enabled will not appear.
The Recent History page displays the following information for each event:
- Details—Select the Details (“ ”) icon to see a comparison of the record before and after the event. The things that changed are highlighted in blue.
- Record Type—The type of record (e.g. Project, Task, Expense, etc.).
- Summary—A summary of the event.
- Record ID—The ID of the record.
- Event—The action type (e.g. created, updated, deleted, etc.).
- Date—The date and time when the event occurred.
- User ID—The ID of the user who made the change.
- Full Name—The full name of the user who made the change.
You can scroll through the pages of events using the options at the bottom. New activity that occur while you are in Recent History will not appear until you refresh the page, apply filters, or change the number of events that display per page.
For a list of the records, events, and properties that you can view in Recent History and Project History, see the Subscribed Events Reference article.
Filter Recent History
To open the Filters modal, click the Filters button above the table.
The modal is divided into three sections:
- Fields—The Fields section (the left pane) contains all the available filter types.
- Values—The Values section (the middle pane) populates a list of values that you can select. The name of the Values section changes based on what is selected in the Fields section. For example, if you select Record Types as the field type, the middle section is titled Record Types and all the supported record types are available to select.
- Applied Filters—The Applied Filters section (the right pane) contains all the values you've selected for your filters. You can remove a value by selecting the Clear (“ ”) icon to the right of a value, or you can select Clear All to remove all values.
After applying filters from the Filters modal, you can quickly update the values for a filter from the toolbar. These quick filters will remain in the toolbar until you leave the page, manually clear them, or log out.
The following filtering options appear in the Fields section:
- Record Types—View events for specific records, such as task, scheduled hours, etc.
- Date—View events within a specific date range.
- User—View events for specific users.
Note: Users that don't belong to your account (e.g. non-Network external project participants) will not appear as options for this filter.
You can determine which columns to display in the table and in what order.
- Select the Configure Columns button that appears to the upper right of the table.
- In the modal that appears, check or uncheck columns to control which ones appear in the table.
- Drag and drop columns to change the order in which they are displayed.
- Select Save to update the view.
The view will reset if you leave the page or log out.
Kantata OX API