The Talent Network feature allows you to connect with other companies—known as External Partners— and use their employee resources—known as External Members—to complete projects that you don’t have the resources to complete.
In the Network section of Mavenlink, you can manage both your external partners and members, such as inviting an external partner to your network, activating a pending external member, removing a client, and more.
How to Invite an External Partner to Your Network
- In the left-hand nav bar, hover over Network and select External Partners.
- On the External Partners page, click Invite an External Partner.
- On the Invite an External Partner page, provide information for the following fields:
- Email Address or Mavenlink Account ID (required)
- Full Name
- Company Name
- If you want to allow the external partner to log in to Mavenlink, check the Allow login box.
- Click Send Invitation. When the External Partner accepts the invitation, their account members will automatically load on the Pending tab of the External Members page.
How to Add an External Member to an External Partner's Account
All employees in an External Partner’s existing Mavenlink account automatically appear on the External Members page when the partner accepts your invitation to join the Talent Network. If the External Partner didn’t have a Mavenlink account before joining your Talent Network, you can add external members for them or they can add members on their own account.
To add external members for your external partner, do the following:
- In the left-hand nav bar, hover over Network and select External Partners to open the External Partners page.
- Under the Manage column, click the Actions (“ ”) icon in-line with the external partner you would like to add external members for.
- In the New External Member section, enter the Name and Email Address of the External Member, and then select Add External Member. The External Member appears on the External Members page.
- Repeat step 3 for each External Member that you would like to add.
How to Activate an External Member on Your Account
If you invite an external partner that already has a Mavenlink account to join your Network, their existing account members will automatically load under the Pending tab on the External Members page. You can select which external member(s) you want to Activate to make them available in your resource planning tools.
Please note that when an active external member is able to log in your account and they already have an existing Mavenlink account, they can easily switch between the different accounts by using the Account Selector drop-down on the right-hand side of the main Mavenlink app bar.
- In the left-hand nav bar, hover over Network and then select External Members to open the External Members page.
- On the External Members page, select the Pending tab and then click the checkbox in-line with each member you want to activate.
Note: You can narrow down the Pending external members list by using the Filter by External partner drop-down menu or Search bar.
- Click Activate. The external members appear under the Active tab. From here, you can adjust the member’s details, such as their role, login status, and more. For more information, see the External Members Side Panel Overview article.
How to Remove an External Partner from Your Network
- In the left-hand nav bar, hover over Network and then select External Partners to open the External Partners page.
- Under the Manage column, click the Actions (“ ”) icon in-line with the external partner you would like to remove from the account.
- On the Manage External Partner page, click Remove From Network.
- A confirmation modal appears, explaining that the partner’s external members will be archived and they will no longer have access to your account. To confirm this action, click OK. The external partner is removed from your network.
How to Remove a Client from Your Network
- In the left-hand nav bar, hover over Network, and then select Client to open the Clients page.
- Under the Manage column, click the Actions (“ “) icon in-line with the client you would like to remove from the account.
- On the Manage Client page, click Remove From Network.
- A confirmation modal appears, explaining that your employees will be archived in the client’s account and your employees will no longer have access to the client’s account. To confirm this action, click OK. The client is removed from your network.
- Talent Network Overview
- Managing External Partners and Members
- External Members Side Panel Overview
- Master Planning Overview