You can use scheduled hours that have already been created for a resource to quickly create allocations.
These allocations are created based on the weekly scheduled hours for a resource. If consecutive weeks contain an equal number of hours, they will be combined into a multi-week allocation.
For example, if one week has 20 hours scheduled and the next week has 30 hours—as shown in Example A below—then they are created as individual weekly allocations. However, if one week has 40 hours scheduled for one week and 40 hours scheduled for the next week—as shown in Example B below—then a single, multi-week allocation of 80 hours is created.
How to Create Allocations from Scheduled Hours
- Hover over Resourcing in the left navigation and select Resource Center.
- On the Resource Center page, select the Projects tab.
- Find your project in the Projects list and click the arrow to the left of the name to expand it. You’ll see all the named and unnamed resources that have been assigned to the project.
- Locate the resource that you want to create allocations for, select the More (“ ”) icon, then select Create Allocations.
- In the Create Allocations modal that appears, select the timeframe of scheduled hours that you want to create your allocations for:
- Anytime—Selected by default, this option takes all of a resource's scheduled hours and distributes them as allocations.
- After—This option takes only the resource’s scheduled hours that occur on or after the date selected and distributes them as allocations.
- Before—This option takes only the resource’s scheduled hours that occur on or before the date selected and distributes them as allocations.
- Between—This option takes only the resource’s scheduled hours that occur between the two dates selected and distributes them as allocations. Any scheduled hours on the selected dates are also included.
- If you selected an option that requires a date, select a date—or date range—to indicate which scheduled hours you want to create allocations for.
- Indicate under Allocation Type if you want to create Soft or Hard allocations.
- Select Create Allocations.
The allocations appear on the Resource Center timeline for the resource.