When Resource Recommendations are enabled, you can replace an unnamed resource with a named resource based on the recommended resources that display in the Resource side panel. Resources are recommended based on skills, role match, custom fields, availability, and other criteria. If you'd like to update multiple unnamed resources—with a specific role or all roles assigned to a project—at once, you can use Team Builder instead.
Note: If you do not have Resource Recommendations enabled, you can Change an Unnamed Resource to a Team Member using the Add Member (“ ”) icon in the Resource Center.
How to Find Recommendations for a Resource
- In the left navigation, hover over Resourcing and select Resource Center. The Resource Center opens with the Team Members tab selected by default.
Note: If you navigate to the Projects tab, skip steps 2-3. You will instead locate the project that you want to staff and expand the project row to reveal the unnamed resources in that project.
To display unnamed resources, select Unnamed in the toolbar.
- Expand the Role and locate the unnamed resource for the Project you want.
- Select the unnamed resource to open the Resource side panel.
- In the Skills and Custom Fields sections, enter any missing requirements that are essential for the role.
Tip: Adding information in the Skills and Custom Fields sections of the Resource side panel will change who is recommended, as well as the order of recommendations.
- In the Details section, select the Team Member. When you select the box, the drop-down menu shows recommendations in order of best suited based on your weighted criteria. Hovering over a recommendation shows you more information.
Note: If Resource Requests are enabled and you are not designated as a Resource Request Approver, the Details section is hidden and you must submit a resource request to fill the role.
- Once you've selected the name of the member you want, and click OK to confirm that all task assignments, scheduled hours, and allocations should be moved to the named resource you selected.