What You'll Learn:
The Mavenlink Insights Advanced Editor gives you direct access to more reporting tools, including:
- Behind-the-scenes access to the Insights data model to help build custom reports faster.
- Dashboard and report email scheduling and management so everyone gets the information they need, when they need it.
- Report file formatting, including CSV and XLS.
- Data load time monitoring.
- Copy tabs between dashboards, making it easier to move existing reports from one dashboard to another.
Through the Advanced Editor, you can edit clones of standard dashboards and any custom dashboards you’ve created. Note that you must first clone a standard dashboard, or create a custom dashboard in Mavenlink.
The Insights Advanced Editor is available only to members who have report edit permissions in Insights Access Groups. To access the Advanced Editor, select any Insights dashboard from the left-hand nav, and then click on the Advanced Editor link.
The dashboard you selected is also the dashboard you see first in the Advanced Editor.
- You can access the Advanced Editor from any Insights dashboard. Start by selecting Insights from the left-hand nav.
- Select Advanced Editor.
- Click OK to confirm.
- You now have access to a Dashboard tab, Reports tab, and Manage tab.
The Dashboards tab contains an alphabetical listing of all of your Insights dashboards, and is where you can edit any of your custom dashboards. You can select both standard and custom dashboards from the drop-down menu.
Both standard reports and any custom reports you’ve created are accessible from the Reports tab. You can drill into them to change facts, attributes, and metrics.
The Manage tab is divided into a Data tab and an Emailing Dashboards tab.
The Data tab gives you the ability to dig into the underlying attributes, metrics and facts of Insights, as well as the Insights data model.
- Data Sets—A list of all data sets, which are composed of attributes, metrics, and facts. Selecting a Data Set from the list shows load times, and a breakdown of the set’s attributes, metrics, and facts of the set.
- Attributes—A list of all the qualitative, categorical data that is used to aggregate reports; attributes are the how of reporting and are commonly used for dates, project, user IDs, etc.
- Facts—A list of all the raw, numeric data elements that can be aggregated by metrics.
- Metrics—A list of all the numerical values and calculations that appear in reports; metrics are the what of reporting and are commonly used for fees, actual hours, etc.
- Model—A visual representation of the Insights data model that illustrates how metrics, attributes, and facts are connected and related to each other.
Clicking on the data model opens it in another window or tab to zoom in to see how specific areas are connected.
The Emailing Dashboards tab lets you schedule and manage email distribution for both dashboards and reports.
- Global Schedules Created Through Manage Page— Lists all scheduled emails created using the Schedule New Email button. To learn how to schedule an email, see the step-by-step below.
- Private Schedules Created on Dashboard— Lists all scheduled emails created from within a dashboard using the clock icon (“insights-clock”). You can delete them from here.
- From the Emailing Dashboards tab, click the Schedule New Email button.
- Add the email addresses of those you want to receive this email, and add a Subject. You can also include a message, such as a sentence or two describing the contents of the email. Only members in an Insights Access Group can receive scheduled emails.
- Select either Dashboards or Reports, and then check the box next to the dashboards or reports you want to include.
Dashboards are sent as PDFs while Reports can be sent in the following formats:
- Inline message
- Excel (XLSX)
- Keep attribute cells merged: Checking this box will merge cells like Project Name so it does not repeat itself.
- Include active filters: Checking this box will keep any filters applied to reports (date range, specific projects, etc) so the reports remain filtered accordingly.
- Set a schedule, including frequency, day, and time.
- When finished, click Save.
- Insights Glossary & Reference Guide
- Insights Attributes, Metrics, and Filters
- Insights Overview
- Insights Settings
- Insights Advanced Editor
- Ways to Categorize Non-Billable Time
- Utilization Dashboard
- Time & Expense Admin Dashboard
- Staffing & Capacity Dashboard
- Project Health Dashboard
- Project Detail Dashboard
- Fees Dashboard
- Fees (legacy) Dashboard
- Resourcing Dashboard
- Margin & Cost
- Scorecards Dashboard