The first step to integrating your NetSuite environment with Kantata OX is to create your mappings. Each Mapping Set has the same layout with different data depending on the type within M-Bridge.
- Log in to M-Bridge.
- Navigate to NetSuite > Settings.
- Select the Mappings drop-down and select the type of mapping you want to create.
- On the page that appears, select New Mapping Set.
Note: You can create as many mapping sets as needed, but note the first Mapping Set created becomes the default. You can change a different Mapping Set to be the default after it has been successfully created. Go to the Changing the Default Mapping Set section of this article for more information.
- Enter a Mapping Set Name and select a Service from the drop-down.
Tip: Kantata OX recommends a name that is memorable or that relates directly to the scenario you're creating. In this example, a Mapping Set for a NetSuite Item Category mapping type is named Expenses and the mapped service is NetSweet.
- Map values between Kantata OX and NetSuite by entering their values into the Mavenlink and External fields.
Tip: In this example, the following values in each system are mapped to each other:
- Mileage to Travel Time
- Food to T&M
- Other to Additional Item
- The left column contains the values from Kantata OX. This will contain all possible and active values at the time of creation.
- The right column contains values from NetSuite. At first creation, these will all display as null.
- The first time you click on the drop-down, it initiates a live API call to NetSuite so it may take a few moments to load.
- The names within the mapped fields may not match exactly. For example, a value like "Entertainment" in Kantata OX can be mapped to a "Meals & Entertainment" value in NetSuite.
- Select Add Mapping Pair to generate fields for any additional mapping pairs you wish to add for new objects or records that didn't exist at the time the table was created.
Note: Both the Mavenlink and NetSuite value fields will display as null.
- To delete a mapping pair, select the (-) button to remove it. This cannot be reversed if you submit the entire mapping table after the row is deleted.
- When finished, click Submit.
Changing the Default Mapping Set
- Within M-Bridge, go to NetSuite > Settings.
- Select the Mappings drop-down and select the type of mapping that you want to change the default Mapping Set for. The associated type of mapping page appears.
- Click Make Default next to a different set. The default Mapping Set updates and becomes grey.
If you create new mappings for an existing service, make sure you update the relevant scenarios to use those new mappings. Below are the available Mappings Sets and their relevant Scenarios:
|NetSuite Users||Project, Task, Time, Employee Expenses, User|
|NetSuite Job Statuses||Project|
|NetSuite Expense Categories||Employee Expenses, Vendor Expenses|
|NetSuite Sale Items||Time|
|NetSuite Task Items||Invoice|
|NetSuite Item Category||Vendor Expenses (NetSuite > Kantata OX)|
|NetSuite Vendors||Vendor Expenses (Kantata OX > NetSuite)|