To use a Role on a Project, each role must be assigned a rate on the Rate Card. If you used rate cards before this update, you need to set a rate for each role. If you use the default rate, enter that rate for each role.
Once you publish your Account Rate Card, you can take advantage of the versatility of Rate Cards. Whether you offer new clients a discount, adjust your rates on July 1 each year, or are expanding your client base into government contracts or a new business line, you can customize and scale Rate Cards to meet your business needs.
Each new card can have a unique title, a different default rate, and an effective date. You can add any currency from your Account Rate Card to a new card, add any Role from your account, and set up different versions based on your business needs. Publishing a Rate Card makes it active on the specified effective date. There is no limit to the number of rate cards you can create.
You can also perform the following actions with Rate Cards:
- Clone Rate Card—Creates a copy of the selected version of the card with a new draft, so you don’t have to create one from scratch. You can rename it, add or remove roles and currencies, change the effective date, and create new versions. Note that changes made to a cloned card do not apply to any Projects that are using the original Rate Card.
- New Version—Creates a copy of the card so you can make changes that will apply to the project or projects when the version becomes current. This is useful if, for example, a role needs to be added part way through an existing project, or an employee receives a raise.
- Default Rate—Lets you bill clients for time tracked on projects that have roles without rates on the rate card. It acts as a backup in case a user is added to a Project without a designated billing role from the Rate Card. The Default Rate also acts as a backup in case a user without a designated bill role is added to a Project. These users will be highlighted in Rates & Roles page on the Project.
- Actions—There are two actions when a Rate Card is attached to a Project or an Estimate: deleting a role " ", and downloading " " a Role. Deleting a Role removes it from the card while downloading it lets you see where it’s used across the account. If you want to free up the Role, you need to remove it from any users on projects, unnamed resources on projects or any estimate workbooks.
How to Create a Custom Rate Card
- From the Rate Card page, click the New Card button.
- Give the card a clear, meaningful name. For example, if you provide a discount to new clients, you can name it as such.
- By default, the Effective Date is the current date. You can select any date in the future you want the Rate Card to take effect. Keep in mind that no Rate Card can have the same Effective Date.
- Use the Add Currency button to add any currency included on your Account Rate Card, if necessary. Remember to calculate the currency conversion and enter it manually.
- You can enter a default rate, as well as add Roles and give them individual rates across currencies. If you decide to only use a default rate, remember to add it to each Role so they can be selected for the Project.
- When ready, click Publish. Depending on the Effective Date you set, the card will appear in your Version list as current or upcoming.
- To make changes, such as add another role or currency, you can either clone or create a new version of the Rate Card. You can also start from scratch.