Summary: See the status of all invoices for associated projects in your account.
The Invoices analytics report is intended for project managers or operations personnel who generate invoices and monitor the payment status of those invoices. In practice, the Invoices report is used to ensure that all invoices are going out and being collected as expected, that there are no outstanding invoices, and that the project delivery process is being followed.
For example, if you are working with a client who pays you on a monthly basis, you may need to check if the most recent invoice has been paid so that you can begin working on the next task or project. Or, you may want to see all the invoices from the last month as part of your monthly closeout procedure. You can generate a report to check the status of invoices by project, recipient, and more.
How to Configure the Report
On the Invoices Analytics page, use the provided fields and drop-down selections to specify what information you'd like to include in the report. By fine-tuning these filters, you can target specific data subsets and exclude that which is not of interest. Use the following attributes to filter the Invoices report:
- Date Range—Use the from and to fields to specify a start and end date between which data is retrieved for the report. Most Analytics reports require that you specify a date range in order to generate a viable report.
- Invoice Date (default)—If selected, the report will only include invoices that were created within the specified date range.
- Due Date—If selected, the report will only include invoices with due dates between the specified date range. Invoice due dates are calculated using the net Payment Schedule selection when an invoice is created.
- Organizations—When enabled, Organizations helps to limit visibility or categorize project data in standard Analytics reports, so you can see how specific departments or regions are performing. Simply choose an available Department and/or Geography to include them in the report. For more information, see our Organizations in Analytics Reports article.
- Project—Leave this field blank to view multiple projects using alternative filter criteria (e.g., Invoice Status). To view a single project, specify the name of the project. As you begin typing, a drop-down appears below the field, populated with a list of relevant selections. Choose the project to use for the report.
- Sender—Only invoices with sender you specify are included in the report. As you start typing the sender's name, the drop-down will populate with a list of relevant selections.
- Recipient—Only invoices with recipient you specify are included in the report. As you start typing the recipient's name, the drop-down will populate with a list of relevant selections.
- Invoice #—Includes a specific invoice by number. As you start typing the invoice number, the drop-down will populate with a list of relevant selections.
- Invoice Status—If you select All, the report includes all invoices that match the selected filter criteria, regardless of status. Otherwise, you can specify that the report include only Paid, Canceled or Unpaid invoices.
- Amount Range—Enter values in the min and max fields to include only invoices for amounts within the specified range.
How to Generate the Report
It is recommended that you double-check the selected report filters (above) before generating or exporting the report.
- Generate Report—Click this button to generate the report using the selected criteria. After a few seconds, the report results will appear below the filters in the Mavenlink interface. You can then "save" the report by exporting it as an XLS or CSV file.
- Reset Report—Clears the selected filter criteria and resets the report to its empty, default state.
- Export Report—Report data (filtered by your selection criteria) is automatically exported to an XLS (Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet) or CSV (Comma Separated Values) file and saved to the default folder for downloaded files on your computer.
How to Read this Report
A generated Analytics report is typically divided into sections containing charts and tables; often, a report header containing summary information, followed by details that make up the body of the report. Depending on the combination of selected filters and attributes, each report can be broken down (i.e., sliced and diced) to surface specific trends or interesting patterns.
Here's how to read what appears in a generated Invoices report:
- Total—This is the total amount invoiced for all projects that fall within the selected date range and filter criteria.
- Invoice #—This column contains all invoices included in the report by number. For closer inspection, click on a number in the column to open the invoice in a popup modal.
- Project(s)—This column contains all invoiced project(s) included in the report by name. Click on a project name in the column to go directly to the Activity Feed in that project's workspace. Please note that clicking on the project name causes you to leave the Invoices Analytics report; it will be reset to its default state upon return.
- Sender—Shows the name of the person who sent the invoice.
- Recipient—Shows the name of the invoice recipient; i.e., the client.
- Amount—Shows the total amount billed to the client for the project.
- Invoiced On—Shows the date the invoice was created followed by the scheduled payment term; i.e., net 30.
- Due On—Shows the date on which the invoice is due, determined by the scheduled payment term.
- Paid On—This column shows whether an invoice has been Paid, Canceled, or is still Pending payment (i.e., Unpaid). If the status is paid, it includes the date that the invoice was paid and the total number of days it took since the "invoiced on" date. If an invoice was paid after the scheduled due date, the number of days appears in red.
- Analytics Reports Overview
- Invoices Analytics Report
- Expenses Analytics Report
- Accounts Receivable Analytics Report
- Time & Materials Margin Analysis Report
- Work in Progress Analytics Report
- Project Details Analytics Report
- Utilization Analytics Report
- Time Tracking Analytics Report
- Time Approvals Analytics Report