After creating a project, you can begin adding providers (the people you work with) and clients (the people you work for). This is done from the Project Admin box on the Activity tab.
If your account settings allow, you can invite a consultant to the project that is not in your Mavenlink account and they will appear in the External section of the Team tab. For more information on inviting external project participants, see the Project Admin Box: Team Tab article.
Note: The ability to invite others to a project is always available to Project Administrators. For all other project permission levels, the ability to invite is determined by the Can Invite setting in Project Permissions Defaults. Regardless of the default setting, Project Administrators can override this for individual project participants by checking the Can Invite? box in Project Permissions settings.
How to Invite People to a Project
- Hover over Projects in the left navigation, and then select a recent project. If the project you want to add a person to doesn’t appear in the Recent Projects section, select All Projects and locate the project you would like in the Project List.
- In the Project Admin box, click Invite and choose which side of the project you want the user to participate on; these team names are commonly referred to as Clients and Providers.
- In the Invitation Editor modal, enter an email addresses for each invitee in the To field.
Note: If you’ve integrated Mavenlink with Google Workspace, your Google Contacts will appear when you search for them in the To field.
- If desired, you can personalize the default Subject and Message. Any changes you make will be displayed in the preview on the right.
- If you want to make this template the default every time you invite a user, click the Use this as a default message checkbox.
Note: This box will remain checked every time you open the Invitation Editor modal. To remove a template as the default, you can uncheck the box at any time.
- Click Send Invitation. If you added more than one email address, the invitation will be individually sent to each recipient.
Note: If the Account Members Only setting is selected in the Project Participants section of General Settings, you will be unable to invite external participants to the Provider-side of the project.