Company Name & Address
Auto Archive Projects
With this setting, you can automatically archive projects with no activity after a specified number of months. Projects can be archived after 1 to 12 months; alternatively, you can turn off automatic archiving by selecting Never auto-archive from the drop-down menu.
Customized Team Names
Each time an account member creates a project, these custom team names are used. You can also customize team names on a per project basis. Changing a team name only applies to new projects going forward.
- Provider Team Name—Provide the default name for the team that can send invoices and create time and expenses. Some general examples are Consultants, Designers, Contractors, and Providers (default).
- Client Team Name—Provide the default name for the team that can receive invoices and send payments; common examples are Clients (default) and Customers.
These settings allow you to set the default level of privacy required for projects. Project creators have the option to override these settings on a project-by-project basis.
- Private by default—Select this option if you want all project postings to be private by default. Project participants need to specify a list of recipients when posting messages to the project.
- Public to all project participants by default—Select this option if you want all project postings to be shared with all project participants by default. The option to send a private message is available, but not as the default option.
This setting gives Account Administrators more control over who can be invited to the Provider team in a project. By default, anyone can be invited to a project in Kantata OX. If you want only your Account Members to participate in your projects, you can adjust this setting to Account Members Only. This ensures that your project participants are always official members of your account so that you can track their project activity, control their permission levels, and have access to your projects. This also prevents participants from being created outside of your account.
- Open—Anyone can be invited to the Service Provider (i.e., Consultant) or Customer (i.e., Client) side of a project.
- Account Members Only (recommended)—Only account members can participate in the project as Consultants. However, anyone can be invited to the Client side of the project.
- Invitation Only—You need to invite each member to a project.
- Open to Admin Only—Open to Account Administrators in your organization; everybody else must be invited.
- Open to Organization Members—Projects are open to everyone in the organization.
Resource Scheduling (Premier Feature)
- Sync Resource Schedules With Project Dates—When this setting is enabled, changes made to the Start and/or Due dates of a Task, Deliverable, or Milestone will automatically shift the Scheduled Hours for every team member (assigned to the task) to match.
A member's Scheduled Hours are only shifted when the following conditions are met:
Note: Tasks that were previously scheduled to start or end on weekends will be shifted to weekdays, and the task duration will adjust accordingly.Note: Scheduled hour changes are processed once every minute in order to combine them with additional scheduled hours changes made at the same time.
- Task changes are made via the Local Gantt chart or Task Tracker when the Cascade Changes setting is enabled.
- The status of the task must be Not Started.
- The task being shifted has no current time entries (i.e., Logged Time in Gantt).
- The task must have the same Duration (e.g., 14 days) before and after the shift.
- Only make roles on the rate card available to projects—If you are using Rate Cards and this setting is disabled, then all account Roles will be available for a project, and the default rate will apply to every Role without a rate.
In the Scheduling section of the Task Details side panel, click on Align scheduled time to realign Scheduled Hours for team members if they get out of sync with the task Start Date.
The option to Align scheduled time only appears if you have the Sync Resource Schedules With Project Dates setting enabled.
With these settings, you can turn off the Week Ahead Email for your entire account. These settings can only be applied to your account; however, you can prohibit tasks from projects on your account from being included in an external user’s weekly emails.
These two options work independently of one another:
- Turn on Week Ahead Emails for Account Members—Disabling this option will prevent all users on this account from receiving the Week Ahead email. In addition, the Week Ahead Email options in a user’s Email Settings on this account will no longer be accessible.
- Allow tasks from this account to appear in external users’ Week Ahead emails—When enabled, tasks from projects on your account will be included in an external client or provider’s Week Ahead email, provided they have been assigned those tasks. Keep in mind that if the Week Ahead Email has been disabled by the Account Administrator on the external user’s account, they will not receive any weekly update emails whatsoever.
When Project Colors are enabled, you can assign individual colors to each project to make them more recognizable in Resource Center and the Project List. You and your team can define these colors to represent project types, phases, clients, etc.
To configure Project Colors, click the Enable Project Colors checkbox; a table with settings and available colors will appear.
- In the Default column, select the color to assign all new projects in your account.
- In the Enable column, choose the colors to make available for use on projects.
The first time you enable Project Colors, the selected Default color will be applied to all projects in your account. From this point on, if you want to change the color for specific projects, you can do this using the bulk actions feature of the Project List or in the project’s Settings.
When Project Colors are disabled, Kantata will use Blue as the default color in the Resource Center and colors will not appear in Project List.
Project statuses let you define and communicate the overall progress and/or health of projects. Each status has a label and a color that clearly communicates the condition of a project at a glance.
You can configure which statuses you would like to be unavailable for your projects by deselecting the checkboxes within each color tab.
You can also choose which status you would like to be applied to newly created projects by selecting an option from the Default Status drop-down.
Dashboard Time and Utilization Tracking
When enabled, the Time and Utilization Tracking panel will appear on the dashboard for all users on this account. This panel provides three sections of important metrics, giving your members instant visibility into how they're performing against their billable utilization goals and time targets.
- Enable Time and Utilization Tracking panel—Enable or disable the entire Time and Utilization Tracking panel. Disabling the panel will also deactivate the Billable Utilization metrics, if enabled.
- Include Billable Utilization information—Enable or disable the Billable Utilization section containing billable utilization metrics for users on this account. This section cannot be activated if the Time and Utilization Tracking panel is disabled.
Customize Kantata OX to match the look and feel of your company's branding. You can replace the Kantata logo in the upper-left corner with your own and use your brand colors for links, buttons, and the left-hand nav bar. You can also configure custom navigation links, provide a new favicon, customize your subdomain, provide a support URL, personalized login message, business name, and more.
Clicking the Set it up button takes you to Settings > Custom Branding. For more information on how to set up custom branding, please see our Custom Branding Overview article.