Mavenlink Proofing allows you to deliver project assets faster thanks to easier collaboration, all from within your Mavenlink project. This online proofing capability lets reviewers provide clear and actionable feedback without needing to access an external tool or keep track of large files and conversations over email.
Reviewers can view and comment on each proof directly within Mavenlink. By capturing input directly on the asset, feedback is specific and directed.
Automatic notifications keep everyone informed on each asset’s status and associated feedback within the project.
1. Add Assets to be Proofed
Assets are proofed using the Proofs section of any assignment, including:
From the Proofs section of a task, you have two options to create proofs. You can either click on the upload link, or you can drag and drop all the assets you want onto the drop zone.
Each task can have multiple proofs. This lets you bundle assets for review. They all share the same start date, due date, assignees and status.
Mavenlink Proofing supports a wide range of asset types, including:
- Photos and graphics
- Video files
- Text documents
For a complete list see Supported File Formats for Proofing.
Note: Adobe InDesign files and SVGs are not supported. To upload InDesign files for proofing, please first convert to PDF.
Once your assets are uploaded to the Proof section, proofs are automatically created.
For each Proof, you can download the actual file by selecting Download from the menu.
To delete the Proof and all previous versions, select Delete from the menu.
Task assignees are automatically notified that a proof has been created. The email they receive contains a direct link to the proof in your Proofing Workspace. So they can start providing feedback right away.
2. Rename Your Proof
The name of the proof defaults to the file name when it is first uploaded and will remain as the filename even as you add additional versions. You may want to rename the proof to give the reviewers better context as to what they are reviewing.
Click on the proof name to open the Proof Detail Panel, you can then change the name from this view. Tabbing out of the proof name field will save the new name. All emails and notifications will refer to the proof name, not the file name.
The Proof Detail Panel also shows additional information about the proof, including information about the file upload, previous versions of the proof, access to view and add feedback to the proof in the Proofing Workspace and more.
3. Provide Feedback Using the Proofing Workspace
All feedback is given and received in the Proofing Workspace. The Proofing Workspace is a tool for annotating and marking up your Assets, allowing you to collaborate with your team on a specific asset.
Accessing the Proofing Workspace
- You can click on any Proof in email or project activity feed or click the Preview/Feedback link to open the Proofing
- All project members that are not view only have the ability to view and provide feedback in the Proofing Workspace. Task assignees receive automated notifications of all proofing activity.
Adding new feedback
- Click Add Feedback in the Navigation Panel on the right.
- Type in your comment.
- Use the markup tools to clarify your comment. For details on the markup tools, see Markup Tools.
- Click Publish to make it visible to other reviewers in the comments section. It will automatically move to the below Feedback Panel.
- If you want to make additional comments and then publish them all at once, click Save Draft rather than Publish. This will keep your comment from being viewed by anyone other than you and ensures no one is notified of the comment.
- When you are ready for others to see and be notified about your comment, select Publish from the comments dropdown menu in the Feedback Panel.
- To publish several of your draft comments all at once, select Publish All Feedback from the Feedback Panel’s hamburger menu.
- Once you publish your comments, they will appear in the Mavenlink Activity Feed
Reviewing existing comments
- Open the Feedback Panel on the right
- Read through any comments provided by project members.
- You can also review the text of feedback in the Mavenlink Activity Feed
Replying to existing comments
- Add to the conversation by replying to existing comments.
- Click on an individual comment from within the Feedback Panel.
- Enter your reply in the box provided.
- Click Post to make it visible to other reviewers.
Filtering and sorting existing comments
- Click the Feedback Panel to view any feedback posted, and sort or filter that feedback.
- Click the Filter icon to filter Comments, either by selecting the filter options individually, or using a previously saved filter. These options also include the ability to save a filter to use again and again.
- Save a new filter criteria: Select the criteria you wish to apply, both filters and sorting. Click outside the filter box and you will see the Filter Options with your selected criteria. Click the floppy disk icon to name and click it again to Save your Filter.
Sorting allows you to organize the comments in the manner that is most valuable to you. Click on the desired sort option and indicate whether it should be sorted in Ascending or Descending order.
Generating a feedback report
- Select Feedback Report from the proofing menu in the Mavenlink task to generate a PDF report that is then emailed to you. The Feedback Report provides an audit trail of all the comments and annotations that occurred on an asset. These are often used to communicate change requests, or ideas to a creative team responsible for creating assets.
4. View all your project assets
You can view and comment on all the assets that have been uploaded in your Mavenlink Project by clicking the Asset Explorer icon on the bottom left of the Proofing Workspace.
The Asset Explorer opens the view at the bottom of the screen that displays thumbnails of the other project assets. Click on the thumbnail to view and provide feedback of that asset.
In addition, you can launch the Compare Tool from this button. Launching the Compare Tool lets you compare the asset currently open with other versions of itself, or with related assets in the same project.
5. Add a new version of your asset
Click the Title of your proof to open the Proof Detail Panel. Use the Upload Version link to add the latest version of your asset. Once the asset is uploaded, a new version of the proof is created. This new version becomes the latest. Your previous version is moved to the history table below.
To view on an older version, click on the view icon
To download the file, click on the download icon
6. Complete a formal review process
When you’ve gathered all the necessary feedback and uploaded the final version of your proof, you can assign members of the project to complete a formal review of your proof. Visit Reviewing a Proof to learn how.
Email us at email@example.com to purchase Mavenlink Proofing or request training.