Only available to Account Administrators, the Members section is where you manage all the active, pending, disabled, and suggested members in your account. To access the Account Members section, go to Settings > Members.
- You can use the Search (“ ”) field to quickly locate members by name.
- You can sort and filter the columns by member name, permission level, role, skills, cost rate, and bill rate using the Sort (“ ”) and Filter(“ ”) controls in the table headers.
- When you need to collaborate with others, use the Invite Account Members button on the top-right to invite people to your account.
- To see the list of external Mavenlink users that you've invited to participate on your projects and remove their project access, click the View your current External Project Participants link at the top of the page.
The Account Members section allows you to manage members in your account. Here are some highlights:
Active Members—Users that you are currently paying for on your account.
Pending Members—Users that have not yet accepted the invitation to your account. Pending users appear in this section because they already belong to a Mavenlink account and have yet to confirm that they are going to leave their current account and accept your invitation.
*Note: If the user already belongs to a Mavenlink account on an expired trial plan, they will not receive the invitation. The user should downgrade to a Free plan in Settings > Plan, then you need to cancel the invitation and resend it.
Inactive Members—These are users who have been deactivated by the Account Administrator. These are commonly people who have left the company and no longer need access to the system.
Roles—To manage roles on your account, use the left-side nav bar and click on Settings > Roles.
Suggested Members—These are people you have worked with on past projects, but are not in your account. If you invite a suggested member, they will need to accept your invite before leaving their account in order to gain access to yours.
Inviting Suggested Members to your account will cause them to show up in your list of pending members.
The Suggested Members section does not appear if you haven’t previously worked with someone outside your account.
Deactivate Member—Although best used when someone is let go or leaves the company, deactivated users can easily be re-activated at any time; this is useful for seasonal employees or contractors. It revokes their ability to access your account (based on their email address) and they will no longer have access to projects for which they were contributing.
*Note: It is recommended that you first deactivate the existing account member prior to inviting a new member.
Import Members—An Account Administrator can upload users using a comma-separated value (CSV) template populated with the following user information:
- Member Name
- Email Address
- Headline (Title)
- Cost Rate
- Billable Utilization Target
- Permission Level
Export Members—An Account Administrator can export a list of your current account members in a comma-separated value (CSV) or Microsoft Excel file. The exported spreadsheet contains the following information about each account member:
- Name, Title, and Email Address.
- The Permission Level that they currently have on the account.
- Their assigned Account Role.
- Their Bill Rate (if rate cards are not enabled), and Cost Rate.
- The date and time of their Last Activity.
- The date and time that the membership was Created On.
- Their Department and Geography (when Organizations functionality is enabled).
- The name of their Manager and whether the manager approves time.
- Whether the user will be warned when submitting fewer hours than the weekly target.
- Whether their account permissions are set to View Only by default.
- A list of Skills.
- Their User ID and Account Membership ID.
- If any user sets custom fields that have been added, these will each appear as separate columns on the export.