How to Add Members to Your Account
- Hover over Settings in the left-hand nav bar and select Members.
- Click the Invite Account Members button on the top right.
- Enter the member’s name and email address.
- Select a default account role for the new member. This can be always changed after the member enters the account.
- Add a Billable Utilization Target and Cost Rate (optional).
- Be sure to select the Terms of Service acknowledgement.
- Click Invite. The user is added to your account and will appear on the Account Members page.
- Repeat these steps for each user you want to add. If you have a large number of users you might consider importing them with a comma-separated value (CSV) template.
How to Import Members to Your Account
An Account Administrator can upload account members using a comma-separated value (CSV) template populated with the following user information:
- Member Name
- Email Address
- Headline (Title)
- Cost Rate
- Billable Utilization Target
- Permission Level (defaults to Project Creator when not specified)
Hover over Settings in the left-hand nav bar and select Members.
- Click the Import button on the top right.
- On the Import Users dialog box, click Choose File. If you would like to work from a sample CSV template, click Download.
Please note that only member names and email addresses are required when entering information to the template. You can later add or edit information from the Account Members details side panel.
Note: You can only add roles to the template that have been previously created in the Roles section of Account Settings.
- When you’re done adding information to the CSV template, click Import.
- Once the import is processed, you’ll receive an email notification. If there are any errors or missing information in the CSV file, the email will include the row number and error types so that you can correct and resubmit it. You can make changes directly to the existing spreadsheet and import it again; only the changes will be uploaded.
You don’t need to create a new CSV file every time you import members to Mavenlink. Just add their information to the original spreadsheet and import it again—only new members will be imported to Mavenlink (based on email address). You’ll get a confirmation message letting you know which members have already been added and alerting you to any errors in the new information.