In Mavenlink, Account-level permissions determine the overall privileges that are granted to team members. Each project participant also has individual permissions that can be configured at the Project level.
- Punch Clock—This permission level only allows members to collaborate on projects, log expenses, and create time entries (i.e. clock in and out) using the Timer. Account members with this setting can only see their own time entries in the Time & Expenses tab; these entries are always billable and can only be edited by an Account Administrator.
Note: A default Bill Rate is required in order to assign members this permission level.
- Collaborator—Account members with this permission level can collaborate on projects and track time and expenses when participating in projects. This permission level only allows members to see their own time entries in the Time & Expenses tab.
- Project Creator—Everything above, plus the ability for members to create non-financial projects; they are not allowed to see member billing rates or manage project budgets. This permission level only allows members to see their own time entries in the Time & Expenses tab.
- Project Lead—Everything above, plus the ability for members to create and manage financial projects, access other financial information, view and edit time entries from other project participants, view and edit billing rates, invoices, budgets, use budgeted templates, and manage permissions and project settings (i.e. be a project administrator). Their names and addresses can also appear on project info and invoices.
- Report Viewer—Everything above, plus the ability for members to view analytics reports such as WIP and Utilization
- Report Viewer with Cost—Essentially the same as the Report Viewer permission, but members have the ability to view costs in Margin Reports, Estimates, Rates & Roles, the Project List, and more.
- Account Administrator—Everything above, plus the ability for members to manage account members (set default billing rates and permissions), invite additional members, edit billing information, edit account details and plan, see cost rates, change custom branding, and perform general account maintenance.
Premier Default Project Permissions
The default Project Permissions for team members are inherited from their main Account Permissions; the graph below shows how permissions are inherited from left to right.
However, you can map different project defaults for each Account Permission level, including the Provider or Client side of the project, using Project Permissions Defaults. This way, you can ensure that members join a project with the proper access and permissions every time.