Expenses can be logged in Mavenlink using a supported web browser or the mobile app; the following explains how to add expenses via web browser.
How to Log an Expense
- To log an expense in Mavenlink, hover over Time & Expense from the left-side nav bar and select Expenses.
- On the Expenses page, start by selecting a project name.
- Next, select a task and then set the Date and Amount.
- Choose an expense Category.
- If you need, you may add some optional Notes.
- Check the box if it’s Billable.
- If you have a receipt to upload, click the File button to open a standard operating system finder/explorer window and direct Mavenlink to the location of your receipt. Receipt images can be JPEG, GIF, PNG, or BMP (or any other image format that your browser supports).
- Click Save to add your expense to the table.
Note: This process doesn’t create an invoice or an expense report. To create an expense report, please see our Expense Report article.