Whether you’re tracking time and expenses or approving them, Kantata makes it easy to stay on top of things. Your team's time, expenses, and invoices are linked to the tasks and projects they impact, helping you better manage your budget and ensure that your business is profitable.
Here are some ways that Kantata's time and expense capabilities can help simplify your workflow:
- Quickly track time from anywhere in Kantata OX.
- Track billable and non-billable time and expenses at the project or task level.
- Add time and expenses directly to the project from which you’re working.
- Set member limits for time tracking and submission.
- Review and approve all time entries from a single location.
- Analyze time and expenses across your organization.
An Account Administrator can require approval for time and expenses on all new projects in Kantata OX via the Time & Expense Settings page. You can also require that time entries be tracked against a specific task, deliverable, milestone, or issue. These account-level defaults can be overridden on a project-by-project basis in the Project Settings.
After submitting a Timesheet or Expense Report for a project that requires approval, both the user who submitted it and all project participants with Financials permissions (or higher) can see it in the project’s Activity Feed. These can be approved or rejected by a participant on the Provider-side of the project with Financials permissions or higher. Once a time or expense has been rejected or approved, the user who submitted it will receive a notification and see the update in the project’s Activity Feed.
Ideally, all project participants should complete their timesheets on a weekly basis. After they’ve been approved, all time and expense entries are locked and can be added to an invoice or sent to QuickBooks at your convenience.
- Time & Expense Overview
- Time & Expense Settings
- Timesheets Overview
- Time Entry Form & Timer
- Time Lock
- Unlock Time
- Time Approvals
- Expense Approvals
- Designate Time Approvals
- How to Enter Time From a Project
- How to Enter Time in Timesheets
- Mavenlink API: Time Entries
- Mavenlink API: Expenses