The Projects workspace is the epicenter for all project information, communications, and collaborations for a specific project. In a project workspace, your internal and external team members can:
- Track Time and Expenses against a project budget.
- Build Gantt Charts.
- Create tasks, deliverables, and milestones in the Task Tracker.
- Invite team members, contractors, and clients to the project.
- Post messages and upload files in the Activity Feed.
- Share Files and create Private Posts.
The project Actions (" ") icon is located at the top of the project workspace next to your project name. Selecting the icon gives you access to the following menu options:
- Settings—This takes you to the Project Settings page where you can manage your project settings.
- Rates & Roles—This takes you to the Rates & Roles page where you can set roles and rates for each provider-side project participant.
- QuickBooks—This takes you to the QuickBooks Settings page where you can map customers, jobs, products, and services in QuickBooks to projects and tasks.
- Project Permissions—This takes you to the Project Permissions page where you can set the project permissions for users invited to a project.
- Custom Fields—This opens the Custom Fields section of the Project Pulse Side Panel where you can view the Project Custom Fields previously created by Account Administrators in Settings > Custom Fields.
- Organizations—This opens the Organizations section of the project pulse side panel where you can select which organizations can access the project.
- Save Activity Feed as PDF—This will email you a PDF of the project’s activity feed.
- Archive Project—This option will archive the project, which you will need to confirm in a modal that appears after you select this option.
- Unarchive Project—This option will make an archived project active again, and only appears as an option on archived projects.
- Leave project—This option allows you to leave a project, which you will need to confirm in a modal that appears after you select this option.
The project status is located above the project name. It indicates which phase your project is currently in, and consists of a label and corresponding color to quickly communicate the current status to its members.
The project color and their corresponding statuses are:
- Gray: Not yet started
- Light Green: Close to starting
- Green: In progress
- Yellow: In progress with a pending action
- Red: In progress with a blocker or ended
- Blue: Finished
To change the project status, select the arrow next to the current status. In the drop-down menu, select the corresponding project color and then select an option from the list that appears.
Project Pulse Side Panel
The Project Pulse side panel consists of several sections where you can view and/or edit project information. To access the side panel, click the Side Panel (“ ”) icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
The side panel’s sections include the following:
- Project Header—The header contains the project name and a Go to project link that takes you to the Activity tab of the project workspace.
- Details—This section gives you access to important details about your project, such as status, dates, associated groups and clients, and the full description.
- Financial—This section is only available to members with Financials project permissions (or higher); it shows you the project’s total budget, as well as the actual fees used, the EAC (Estimate at Completion), and the ETC (Estimate to Completion).
- Health—Consultants with Financials project permissions (or higher) can document details about the overall health of a project’s schedule, scope, budget, and client status.
- Custom Fields—This section displays all the Project Custom Fields (arranged alphanumerically) previously created by Account Administrators in Settings > Custom Fields.
- Organizations—This section allows you to select which organizations can access this project.
For more information, see the Project Pulse Side Panel article.
Project Workspace Tabs
The project workspace is broken up into separate tabs where you can manage different aspects of your project, such as completing or updating tasks, tracking your project progress, and organizing your resources. Depending on your permission, access levels, or enabled features, you may see some (or all) of the following tabs:
- Task Tracker
- Time & Expenses
- Resource Planner
The Activity tab shows you a snapshot of recent communications, uploaded documents, and updates related to your project. Depending on your project permission level, you can also invite users to a project, adjust project permissions, and complete tasks related to a project’s schedule and budget from the Project Admin box.
Project Admin Box
The tabs in the Project Admin box let you access various project information, settings, and actions. This box consists of the following tabs:
- Team—Lists the project members assigned to each team and allows you to invite additional people to the project, and set their permissions.
- Schedule—Set or propose a project due date, track any due date changes, and sync the project schedule with your Google Calendar.
- Budget—Set the budget, propose changes, and override the bill rates for the Providers of this project. You can also see what percent of the budget has been used so far.
- Payment—Allows you to see which invoices are paid or pending, create invoices, and log payments.
To learn more about the Project Admin box actions, see the Using the Schedule, Budget, and Payment Tabs article.
In the Upcoming Tasks section, you can see what tasks are coming up in the project. Clicking on the title of a task will open the Details panel where you can quickly update the task status and assignees, view associated files, and more.
To only view tasks assigned to you, check the Show Only My Tasks box. Additionally, you can open the Task Tracker by clicking the See Full Task Tracker button at the bottom of the section.
Emails and Notifications
Every project has a unique email address—which is found in the Emails and Notifications section—that users can use to post to the project's Activity Feed via email. Additionally, if the Google Workspace integration is enabled on your account, you can click on Create a Google Contact for this project link in the section to create a Google contact for the project email address.
Lastly, you can adjust your email notification preferences by clicking Configure.
To learn more, see the article Post to Mavenlink Projects With Your Email.
Task Tracker Tab
The project Task Tracker is an interactive, visual representation of all the tasks, deliverables, issues, and milestones required to complete a project. It offers a variety of actions and customization options, which include the following:
- Establish task Start and Due dates.
- View or edit task Assignees.
- Customize views, filters, and columns.
- Export the Task Tracker data to a CSV format.
To learn more about the Task Tracker, see the Project Task Tracker article.
Gantt Chart Tab
Mavenlink's Gantt chart converts your project plan into a graphical representation of the entire project lifecycle.
The Gantt chart is divided into two sections: the tasks list on the left, and the schedule with a timeline on the right. Both sections offer a variety of actions and customization options, which include the following:
- Add or edit tasks.
- Establish dependencies between tasks.
- Create baselines to show how the scope of your project shifts over time.
- Export the Gantt chart to PDF or Excel format.
- Instantly view your project’s duration, budget, burn rate, and more.
To learn more about the Gantt chart, see the Gantt Chart Overview article.
Time & Expenses Tab
On this tab, you can view the project’s timesheets, approve time, track time, and approve expenses for QuickBooks. You can also export your tracked time in a CSV or XLSX report, and add expenses to the project.
To learn more, see the Time & Expenses Overview article.
Resource Planner Tab
Mavenlink’s Resource Planner allows Project and Resource Managers to see the team members assigned to a project, the project allocations and timeline, and the resource plan in one place.
To learn more, see the Project Resource Planner article.
In the Files tab, you can see uploaded files and Google Drive docs. You can also preview supported file types, download or view a file in Google Drive, or open the linked task to provide feedback about the file.
To learn more, see the Project Files Tab article.
The Proofs tab lists all of the design assets and documents that have been added to the project. Each column can be sorted, and you can view or download an asset by clicking the corresponding icon in the Actions column.
For more information, see the Mavenlink Proofing article.