The Mavenlink Insights Scheduled Data Exporter is a tool designed to automate the flow of data from Mavenlink to your external business intelligence tool, data warehouse, or other external system.
You can use the Scheduled Data Exporter to export both standard and custom reports from Insights. You can set up scheduled exports yourself from within Mavenlink, or through the Mavenlink API .
You can also automate dataflows using FTP, Amazon S3, and other services by integrating scheduled exports with your business intelligence tool of choice, such as Power BI, Domo, or Tableau. Contact your Client Success Manager to learn more.
Note that the Scheduled Data Exporter run time is based on the timezone you have set in your Mavenlink profile.
Scheduling Exports from within Mavenlink
As an Account Administrator, you can set up hourly or daily exports of reports to feed into your business intelligence tool, data warehouse, or other external system.
- Hover over Settings in the left-side nav and select Insights.
- If you have not scheduled any exports yet, the Scheduled Exports tab on the Settings | Insights page will appear empty.
- To set up an export, click the Add Schedule button.
- A set of fields appear. Give the export a Name, and select the appropriate Insight Report Source from the drop-down, or by searching for it directly.
- You can add a Description to help clarify what is in the export. This can be helpful if you create another schedule for a report with a similar sounding name, or as a reminder of which reports you have scheduled to run Hourly or Daily.
- By default, Schedule is set to Hourly. You can change it to Daily, and then change the Time to suit your preference.
- When ready, click Add Schedule.
- After you add exports, they appear in a table on the Scheduled Exports tab.
- When an export has finished, a timestamp appears.
- You can make changes, delete, and download when the report has run by selecting the More icon (" ").
- Your export downloads as a compressed .CSV file. Decompress or unzip it first, and then import it into your business intelligence tool, data warehouse, or other external system.
Any Insights export created within Mavenlink is also accessible via the Mavenlink API , and ones created with the Mavenlink API are viewable and accessible within Mavenlink.
Mavenlink Insights does not store historical data or snapshots of data for most data sets. For example, the resource allocation dataset does not contain historical values or deleted records of allocations. There are no records of the deletion or changes that were made and therefore these records cannot be exported out using Insights.