After gathering all the necessary feedback and uploading the final version of your proof, you may want to complete a formal review process. Proof Reviews allow you to assign members of the project to review a proof and track approvals and rejections.
Creating a Review
When you’re ready to create a review for a specific proof, open the Proof Detail Panel by selecting the name of the proof, either from the Task Detail Panel or the Proofs Tab.
- From this panel, select the option to Create Review. Any member of the project that is not limited to View Only can create a review.
- Click Add Reviewer and you’ll see a list of project members. You can scroll through the list or type to search for a user. Note: You will not be able to add any project member that is View Only.
- To remove a reviewer, select the X to the right of their name in the table.
- When you’ve added all the reviewers you need, select Start Review. The status will update to In Review and will show how many reviewers have marked approval and how many total reviewers there are assigned. You can view this status on the Proof Detail Panel, the Task Detail Panel, and the Proofs Tab.
Approving a Review
- Assigned reviewers will receive an email and a notification in their Project Activity Feed.
- Approve can be selected by opening the Proof Detail Panel from a task or the Proofs Tab.
- With each approval, the status of the review will increment to indicate how many reviewers have approved. The review table on the Proof Detail Panel will also indicate to show which reviewers have marked their approvals.
- When the final reviewer marks his or her approval, the review status will update to Approved.
- Coming Soon: The review creator and any Project Administrators will receive an email notification that the review has been approved by all.
Rejecting a Review
- Reject can be selected by opening the Proof Detail Panel by clicking the name of a proof on a task or the Proofs Tab.
- When ANY reviewer rejects the review, the review status will update to Rejected and the review table on the Proof Detail Panel will update to show who rejected the proof.
- Following a rejection, the review will be closed to any remaining reviewers. These reviewers will not have an option to mark approval or rejection unless the review is continued.
- Coming Soon: The review creator and any Project Administrators will receive an email notification that the review has been rejected.
Continuing a Review
After a reviewer has rejected a proof, there may be conversations or business processes in place to allow that user to update his or her rejections, without requiring changes to a proof. When this happens, the review creator and Project Administrators have the option to continue a rejected review.
- Open the Proof Detail Panel by clicking the name of a proof on a task or the Proof Tab.
- Select the option to Continue Review.
- Once the review is continued, the rejecting reviewer’s status will be cleared and the proof review will be re-opened for the rejector and any other reviewers that had not yet marked their approval or rejection.
- Any reviewer that had approved prior to the rejection will not have to approve again, his or status will remain as Approved.
Deleting a Review
A review creator or Project Administrators can opt to delete a review after it was started. To do this, select Delete Review and confirm that you are sure you want to delete the review.
Deleting a review un-assigns all reviewers and clears any approvals or rejections. Once a review is deleted, users can again upload new versions to a proof and a new review can be created at any time.
Uploading a New Version
A proof review is always related to the most current version of a proof, for this reason, the ability to upload a new version while there is an active review (including reviews with a status of Approved or Rejected) is limited. The review owner or Project Administrators can upload a new version, but you will be warned that uploading a new version will delete the review and you will be asked to confirm that you wish to continue.
Users that did not create the review or are not Project Administrators will be prevented from uploading a new version to a proof. To allow users to upload new versions, the review creator or a Project Administrator will need to delete the review.
WHAT THE MAVENS KNOW
Grouping related proofs into a single task allows you to archive the task once all your reviews are complete. This will lock down any further activity on the proof, preventing users from uploading new versions or adding additional feedback while still allowing them to view any previous feedback as well as the final review statuses
Q: Who can see the status of a review?
A: Any member of the project, even if he or she is View Only, will be able to view the status of the review and open the Proof Detail Panel to see the individual statuses of reviewers.
Q: Can I edit a review after it’s been started?
A: At this time, the review cannot be edited once it has been started.
Q: Can I set the order that reviewers can mark approval or rejection?
A: Once a review is started, all reviewers will have access to review the proof at the same time.
Are you ready to start using Proof Reviews? Contact your Client Success Manager for early access.
To get access to Premier and Enterprise Mavenlink features, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have feedback or need support, we’d love to hear from you. Contact our team at email@example.com.