The Master Planning page is divided into two main sections. The Resources List on the left side of the Master Planning page gives you a comprehensive overview of all team members (including roles) currently assigned to the project. You also have access to filters to help you quickly find the resources you’re looking for—by project, team member, role, or skill.
You’ll be able to add resources to projects, change unnamed resources to team members, and allocate, edit, and delete resources.
The filters and functionality of the resource list change depending on whether you've selected Team Member or Project from the Group By drop-down menu located in the secondary toolbar.
When grouped by Team Member, you'll see a list of team members; each member can be individually expanded to see the projects to which they’re assigned and any time off they have scheduled.
When grouped by Project, you'll see a list of unarchived projects that can be expanded to show the individual team members and unnamed resources which are assigned to them.
The Resource List is comprised of both named and unnamed resources.
- Named Resource:
- A resource to which an individual, named team member has been assigned.
- Named resources can either have soft or a hard allocations.
- When rates cards are not in use, projected budget is calculated based on the member’s bill rate.
- Unnamed Resource:
- Think of an unnamed resource as a placeholder; a way to indicate a need/demand for a certain role before knowing who will fill that need/demand.
- Can only be soft allocated.
- When rates cards are not in use, the project's projected budget is calculated based on the average bill rate of all members with the same default role.
In the Resources List, you can view the Allocated, Scheduled, and Actual hours for each resource of each project. These hours represent staffing expectations from three different perspectives.
- Allocated Hours are the total hours initially allocated to a person to complete a particular project. As a resource manager learns more about the project, they'll be able to adjust allocated hours to accommodate other projects and changing scope needs.
- Scheduled Hours are the hours that someone is scheduled to work on a particular task. Scheduled hours represent the project manager's plan to complete the project, based on specific tasks and day-to-day assessments.
- Actual Hours are the hours tracked, to date, for the person. They can be tracked at the task level or at the project level, depending on that person’s account settings.
- Master Planning Overview
- Master Planning: Resource List Overview
- Master Planning: Allocations Timeline Overview
- Master Planning Filters
- Master Planning Display Preferences
- Time Off Overview