You can adjust your team member's privileges on a project-by-project basis by clicking the Project Permissions button; this is located under the Team tab of the Project Admin box. The Project Admin box can be found on the right-hand side of a project's Activity feed.
If you're a project Admin, you can adjust permissions for each member by moving the slider next to their name right or left, which increases or decreases their project-level permissions.
Note: Users that create the project are automatically granted Project Administrator privileges.
Project Permission Levels
- Contributor—Participants can post messages, upload files, and use the task tracker.
- Time & Expense (for project Providers only)—Everything above, plus the ability for participants to log time and expenses; member can only see their own entries in the Time & Expenses tab.
- Financials—Everything above, plus the ability for participants to view or edit rates, set budgets, send and view invoices, edit time, and access other financial information.
- Administrator—Everything above, plus the ability to change permissions for other users, update milestone weights, and modify project information and settings.
Each member has project-specific abilities that affect what they can do at their permission level.
- Team Lead—Click this radio button to designate the Team Lead for the Client and Provider side of each project. Team Leads can be anyone in the project, not just Project Administrators. Team Leads have access to everything in a project. By default, their name and address will appear on project info and invoices.
How do Team Leads Impact Invoicing?
If the Team Lead on the Client side has Financials project permissions, the invoice is addressed to them (default).
If the Team Lead on the Client side doesn’t have sufficient permissions to be an invoice recipient, the invoice is not addressed to a specific person, but still posts in the project.
In the case of multi-project invoicing, you have the option to pick an invoice recipient. An invoice recipient for a multi-project invoice needs to have Financials permissions in all invoiced projects.
- Can Invite?—If this box is checked, the participant is allowed to invite other team members to the project.
- Edit—This setting allows participants to edit the project, tasks, or time, according to their project permissions. They can also create, reply, and upload files to Activity Feed posts.
- View & Post—Allows participants to see things according to their project permission, but not edit the project, tasks, or time. They can, however, make posts, reply, and upload files to those posts. This is particularly useful for customers who invite clients to collaborate on their projects, but do not want them to make any changes. For example, a View & Post participant with Financials permissions can see financial data (such as the budget), but not edit it.
Note: Participants invited to the Client-side of a project are View & Post by default.
- View Only—Participants with View Only can only see things according to their project permissions.
Click the Actions (“ ”) drop-down menu to remove a user or switch their role to client or consultant. When you’re done, click Save, or click Revert to cancel all changes.