To access the Account Members Details side panel, hover over Settings on the left-side nav bar and select Members. Next, click on a person’s name from the Active Member list to open the Account Members Details side panel.
The Details section of the Account Members Details side panel is where you provide email and role information about the user.
- Email Address—Provide the member’s email address; it can be edited here by an Account Administrator or by the member from the Email Settings page.
- Account Role—Assign the member's default Account Role. For more information, please see our Account Role help article.
The Financial section allows you to set or edit the default currency Cost Rate(s), Bill Rate, and Billable Utilization Target for each of your team members.
- Bill Rate—This is what you charge your client. The Bill Rate will always match your account's Currency Default, but you have the option to enable Rate Cards which allow you to set bill rates for multiple currencies based on role. When your account is Rate Card-enabled, the Bill Rate field does not appear.
- Billable Utilization Target—This is the percent of possible hours that are billable. This field automatically converts negative numbers to positive and does not allow percentages over
- Add Future Billable Utilization Target—When new employees need time to ramp up, you can set future billable utilization targets in advance. Future targets automatically update the member’s current utilization target, so you won’t need to update them on a continuous basis.
You can add targets between 0% and 100% that go into effect on future dates. Since this table contains only future billable utilization targets, current and past dates will not be accepted.
A future billable utilization target will go into effect on midnight of the date selected (based on the Time Zone set in the Profile of the member). At this point, the future billable utilization target will disappear from the table and replace the member's current billable utilization.
Although they are removed from the table, all utilization targets are stored as part of the user’s work week. This way, you can use Mavenlink’s reporting capabilities to get accurate insights on how a member’s billable utilization has changed over time.
Future billable utilization targets are also reflected in the Time and Utilization Tracking section of a user's dashboard, if enabled.
- Warn user when submitting fewer hours than weekly target—This option allows you to notify a member when they submit less hours than indicated by their schedule.
- Require location when logging time—When enabled, this member is required to select a location when tracking time in Mavenlink.
Note: This option will appear disabled if Require Time Entries to be Tracked Against a Location is enabled in the General tab of Time & Expense Settings.
Cost Rate Table
Every member should have a cost rate that matches the account's Currency Default. However, the Cost Rate table allows you can set multiple cost rate currencies for each user.
When you change the member's cost rate, all projects using that currency cost rate will be updated; cost rates that have been overridden in the project's Rates & Roles will not be updated.
When viewing existing rows in the Cost Rate table:
- The Cost Rate column reflects the member's cost rate for the selected currency type.
- The Status column shows In Use when the member is participating in a project using this cost rate. The cost rate will appear In Use even if the member has logged no time entries or expenses; it will also appear In Use if the member's cost rate has been overridden in the project's Rates & Roles.
- The Date Added column shows the month, day, and year that the currency cost rate was added.
For more information, please see our Member Cost Rates help article.
In Mavenlink, Account-level permissions determine the overall privileges that are granted to members. Each project participant also has individual permissions that can be configured at the Project level. You can adjust the default project permissions that members have, based on their Account-level Permissions, when they enter a project.
- Default to View Only—Check this box if you'd like this member to enter projects with View Only access by default. If this setting is enabled for an individual member, any Project Access configured on the Project Permissions Default page will be overridden.
- Resource Request Approver—Check this box if you want to give this member the ability to approve resource requests. The member must have Report Viewer account permissions (or higher) and the Resource Requests setting must be enabled on the account.
- Access Groups—Use this field to assign the member to one or more access group. When you click in the Access Groups field, a drop-down menu will appear, populated with a list of access groups. To narrow your search, start typing all or part of an access group name. Select the one you want to assign to the member. Access groups give you more granular control over Mavenlink by allowing or restricting certain access and activities. Click here for more information on access groups.
This section displays all the User Custom Fields (arranged alphanumerically) previously created by Account Administrators in Settings > Custom Fields. You are not able to add or delete custom fields from the Account Members Details side panel.
All User Sets in the Custom Fields section of the Account Members Details side panel are viewable and editable by Account Administrators only.
Select the department(s) and region(s) you would like this member to access. They can access every Department or Geography going up the hierarchy from their current selection, but can not see across or down unless the checkbox for that department or has been specifically selected. This way, you can easily create projects that only your department(s) can see, preventing information overload for those who don’t want—or need—to see everything.
For more information, see our Apply an Organization to Account Members help article.
Manager / Managee
The Organizations section is also home to the Manager / Managee section. Keep in mind that managers must have Reports Viewer, Reports Viewer with Cost, or Account Administrator permissions because they have access to Mavenlink’s Analytics Reports to track the progress and performance of their direct reports.
- An Account Administrator can give a Manager the ability to approve time by checking the Manager Approves Time box. With this option enabled, whenever a managee submits time, their manager is automatically invited into the project, will be notified, and can review and approve it.
- An Account Administrator can give a Manager the ability to edit user skills by checking the Manager Edits User Skills box. Once designated, a Manager can add and remove skills from the user and adjust proficiency levels where available.An individual manager can have up to 200 managees, but a member can not be assigned to more than one manager. Therefore, an Account Member with Reports Viewer (or higher) permissions will see the following graphic if every potential managee has already been assigned to a manager.
For more information, see our Designate Time Approvals help article.
The Workweeks section allows you see this member's Account Default and In Use schedule, make adjustments, or create a Custom workweek. For more information on how to create custom workweeks, please see our Custom Workweeks Overview and Holiday Calendars help articles.
The Skills section shows user skills arranged by proficiency level from highest to lowest; only members with Reports Viewer, Reports Viewer with Cost, or Account Administrator permissions have access to this section.Previously created skills can be added or removed and proficiency levels adjusted by Account Administrators or Managers (if granted permission—see the Organizations section above) by clicking Edit Skills.
Note: You are not able to create new skills or edit existing skills from the Account Member Details side panel. Only skills previously created by an Account Administrator in Settings > Skills will appear in the Search and Add a Skill fields.
Insights Access Group
Use the Insights Access Group section to set this member’s Access Group. An account member can only belong to one Access Group at a time.
- Search—You can search for a specific access group in the Insights Access Group table; this is a reductive search that narrows what groups you currently have available to choose from.
- Set Insights Access Group—This is a predictive text field that will start offering suggestions based on words in the access group name and/or the first letters typed.
- Can Edit—By default, this box is only checked for Account Administrators. If you don’t want this member to have Edit access from the Insights dashboard toolbar, clear the check box.
When Can Edit is enabled, this member can create dashboard reports containing all your account data—which may be a serious security risk. To make certain that a member can only see data that applies to them, do not check this box.
- Remove Access Group—The Remove Access Group (“ ”) button removes the member's assigned Access Group, it does not permanently delete the group from your account.
For more information, please see the Insights Access Groups articles.