How to Change a Team Member's Primary Project Role
- Hover over Projects on the left-side nav bar, and select your project. If you don't see the project for which you want to manage tasks in the Recent Projects section, click All Projects and locate it in the Project List.
- In the project workspace, select Rates & Roles from the Actions (“ ”) drop-down menu located to the right of the project name.
- Locate the member whose Primary Project Role you'd like to change. Please note that if Rate Cards are enabled, you will only see Roles associated with the Rate Card on the Project.
- Click on the Expand More icon (“ ”) to the right of the role under their name. A drop-down menu appears.
- Select the member's new Primary Project Role.
- After changing the Primary Project Role, you're prompted to backfill the bill rate and role on uninvoiced time entries for this team member. This option is useful for updating the member's bill rate on multiple time entries to the bill rate of the new role. If an account-level time lock is set, this will not backfill time entries prior to the time lock date.
- Your changes are automatically saved. You can now return to the main project or close the window.
Note: When the Account Role of a team member is overridden, an asterisk (“ * ”) will appear to the right of the role drop-down menu. Hovering over the asterisk allows you can see what the original Account Role was before it was overridden for the project.
- Multi-Role Resourcing in Projects
- Override Team Member Rates for a Project
- Add Project Roles to a Team Member
- Change a Team Member's Role
- Change a Team Member's Primary Project Role
- Reassign a Team Member's Role on a Project
- Delete a Project Role